SouthShoreGuitarBoutique.com - 1 in stock
ThunderRoadGuitars.com - 1 in stock
MMGuitarbar.com - 1 in stock
The Quasar is 2 channels of pure raw tone through dual 6V6 power tubes, with a Voltage Regulator for 1 - 20 watts of power.
CHARM - Imagine an alternate universe, in 1959, where Fender acquired Vox... The CHARM channel is what I imagined what the resulting Brownface Deluxe* would have sounded like. The circuit is made as simple as possible, so there's less between your fingers and the speakers. An EF86 preamp tube gives a huge dynamic range, where you can hear every detail of your playing, even your fretboard material. Like pedals? The EF86 can take all you can give it, revealing "more" than most other tubes.
STRANGE - This channel started with my obsession with modding Fender Deluxes to sound like mini-Marshalls*. STRANGE features a 12AX7 preamp tube, tuned to give up more even order harmonics for sweet sounding cleans and even sweeter crunch tones. This channel loves being cranked!
Want even crazier? Flip the secret switch on the back panel to "Hyper On", and the tone control becomes a treble boost, sounding like a Magnatone* on the verge of meltdown! Turning up the volume gives you fat cleans that quickly melt into a warm near-fuzz-like distortion, yet remains super responsive to picking dynamics and your guitar's volume control.
Why two channels? So you can dial in your perfect clean tone in one channel, crunchy tones in the other, and use an A/B box to switch between them in a live setting. Due to the design, having an additional channel does not add any more components in the signal path - so why not!
The Quasar features a Cut control to turn down high frequencies later in the circuit (which allows the tone controls to be turned further up, letting the harmonics build in the tubes), and a Voltage Regulator - the best way to attenuate an amp! Saves your tubes and your neighbor's sanity!
*Names of amps and models are only used as references for tones. The Quasar is a new design with its own unique sounds, some of which have been prototyped and tested for almost 10 years.
Built with the best sounding components, the Quasar features:
- 1-20 watts of power through 2 6V6 power tubes
- Finger jointed solid pine cabinet for increased resonance (organic woody tone) and durability
- Jupiter capacitors
- Solid high purity copper wire with cotton insulation - for a fuller more vintage tone
- Cathode biased for low maintenance, more touch sensitivity, and richer tone
- Classic Tone transformers, made exactly like the vintage ones
- US made premium Carbon Composition resistors
- Dimensions: 21 x 17 x 9.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: about 33 lbs. depending on speaker
- Weber Ceramic Silver Bell: Great well-rounded speaker - big lows, a more neutral but detailed and sweet midrange, clear 3D highs
- Weber Ceramic Blue Dog: For that Celestion Blue tone, but cleaner and warmer - tight low end, more detailed mid-range, chime-y highs
- Weber Alnico 12A125-A: Vintage old school tone - tight lows, vocal and woody/tweedy mids, sparkly highs, slightly lower volume