SouthShoreGuitarBoutique.com - arriving soon
ThunderRoadGuitars.com - 1 in stock
MMGuitarbar.com - 1 in stock - 2019 version of the Quasar. The only differences are the cosmetics, and the older version has 2 channels (an EF86 preamp in one), while the newer one has 1 channel with a 3-way voicing switch. Also, the older version is $200 cheaper.
Order Direct - Lead time is currently 1-2 weeks
The Quasar is an original design with a focus on simplicity for pure raw tone through dual 6V6 power tubes, and a Voltage Regulator for 1 - 20 watts of power.
3-way voicing switch:STRANGE is the stock channel and gives you lower gain with smooth and sweet overdrive; TOP gives you a mid and top boost with a tight bottom; CHARM is a full frequency boost for blown out tweed sounds.
The Quasar features a Filter control to turn down high frequencies later in the circuit (which lets the harmonics build in the tubes first), and a Voltage Regulator - the best way to attenuate an amp! Saves your tubes and your neighbor's sanity!
- Built with the best sounding components, the Quasar features:1-20 watts of power through 2 6V6 power tubes
- Finger jointed solid pine cabinet for increased resonance (organic woody tone) and durability
- Jupiter capacitors
- Solid high purity copper wire with cotton insulation - for a fuller more vintage tone
- Cathode biased for low maintenance, more touch sensitivity, and richer tone
- Classic Tone transformers, made exactly like the vintage ones
- US made premium Carbon Composition resistors
- Dimensions: 21 x 17 x 9.5 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: about 26-30 lbs. depending on speaker
- STOCK - Amperian V.S.O.P. Alnico: Amazing speaker that does everything well
- Optional - Weber Ceramic Silver Bell: Well-rounded speaker - punchy and clear
- Tolex: Two-tone
- OPTIONAL: Natural pine finish in "Granite Grey". *Please note: bare pine is less "tough" on the surface than tolex and may dent easier. If you would like this option, please email me directly.